Thursday, December 30, 2010

LIVING VICARIOUSLY


So, you know that tipi that I said Justin and I were making for my 3 year old nephew? Well, this is it!



Pretty cute! Right?

It's surprisingly simple...and you don't need much to make one. We used some bamboo from our backyard for the poles and a canvas drop cloth for the cover. And you can decorate it with pretty much anything. I used some stuff I had left over from previous projects like vintage velvet ribbon, mint green acrylic paint, and some metallic leather scraps.

There are a LOT of tipi building tutorials online. After looking through a bunch of them I realized that all you really need to know is that the basic shape of the cover when flat is a semicircle...and the poles for a tipi this small should be about a foot longer than the radius of the semicircle. After that you can kinda just wing it.







All in all it was a hit. My nephew loves it, Julian loves it, and I'm seriously considering building myself a big one next summer.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I'll bet Julian loved it! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckiest kid! It's so great! Yes, you need one! So do I, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete