Thursday, July 29, 2010

CAMPBELL’S À LA WARHOL


Did you know that in 2004 Campbell's Soup issued a limited edition set of Andy Warhol inspired tomato soup cans? I had no idea! They exclusively sold them at Giant Eagle supermarkets...which only has locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Maryland, and West Virginia. Not that that would have been a problem if I had known they existed. I mean...Pennsylvania is only a few hours away. I would have happily driven to ALASKA to buy some.

But, alas, I found out about them 6 years too late. I scoured the internet for more info...but all of my google research led me to believe I would never get my hands on a set of my own. Until...lo and behold...what is this in my search results? A craigslist post? Somebody in Dallas selling several sets of the Warhol cans?!

To make a long story short...I bought them. Justin's parents live in Dallas and the seller was nice enough to drop them off on their doorstep. Now we just have to get them up to New York. I can't wait to see them in person!

2 comments:

  1. I have a set too!
    They are really great. I got mine at Barney's in 2004.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a lunatic.

    ps i am stealing them

    ReplyDelete