Wednesday, May 19, 2010

ANTIQUE BIRD CAGES

I guess it's official.  I need a bird cage.  Even BEFORE I had a bird I wanted to get an antique art deco cage for our bedroom.  Specifically one with a stand and a big hoop on top that the cage hangs in.  I am SO smitten with these.  Bird or no bird...they look lovely.



The cages above are all from North Fork Pets and Antiques.  They have by far the biggest and best selection of antique cages online....but, unfortunately, they are all totally out of my price range. 

It seems like the best way to do it is to buy the cage and the stand separately.  You can find some nice less expensive ones on craigslist, ebay and etsy.  And if it isn't a full set (stand and cage) they are much more affordable.  I found the cage below on craigslist for $50 and the stand on ebay.  Currently the stand is at $13 (plus shipping).  The auction ends in two days and so far I'm the only bidder...so we'll see. 


The antique cage will be in my bedroom...and won't be Little Admiral's primary residence.  It will be more like his pied-a-terre.  I want to get him a bigger cage that we will keep in the guest room...which has been renamed the bird's room.  

Oh...and Little Admiral is currently his official name....but we mostly call him Budge.

No comments:

Post a Comment