Sunday, September 12, 2010

ONE YEAR


Today is our one year anniversary!

Yup...last September 12th we were at a summer camp in Hueguenot, NY having the time of our lives. Lakeside ceremony, dining hall dance party, all night campfire rage-a-thon. It was EPIC.

The whole thing was a real DIY family affair. I handmade all of the invitations, table numbers, seating cards, maps of the campgrounds, and boutonnieres for the boys. My dad made all of the signs and hand-built the chuppah out of branches from the backyard. My mom sewed the tablecloths and a zillion feet of pennant flag bunting. Both of our families got together to decorate the dining hall with all kinds of lights and lanterns and more tissue paper decorations than imaginable. My wedding dress (a stunning 1920's beaded beauty) was from my mom's best friend Susie. Our friends and bandmates played the ceremony music (Chapel of Love, Sea of Love, and Then he kissed me -- on marimba, ukulele, glockenspiel, guitar, drums, alto horn, and kazoos. SO BEST.) My friend Frankie (aka Kid America) deejayed. And Justin's friend Ryan took all the photos. Even the priest was a friend of Justin's family.

We have about a zillion photos from our wedding day (far too many to attempt to upload)...but we did put some on flickr. Here's a link to the slideshow.

And this was our wedding song:

"This Will Be Our Year" by The Zombies

And if I do say so myself...I think it HAS been our year.

3 comments:

  1. I am in awe! Your wedding looks like it was a fantastically good time, and I just love all of it. You are a lady with exquisite taste.

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete