Thursday, April 15, 2010

We've definitely made some progress packing.  Last night I very carefully wrapped each of my vintage glasses and boxed them ALL.  Today I decided I would take on an easier task:  to collect all of the bottles and jars and vases of flowers and that I have displayed around the apartment.  What I didn't realize was that I have them hidden ALL OVER.  On every shelf, every table, every nook, every cranny. 

See, I love flowers.  Especially ones that don't die. (I think this stems from my black thumb complex and grim history with houseplants.) I have all different kinds - crepe paper, corn husk, ribbon, metal, fabric, wood.....  On top of that I also like to collect anything natural that I can put in a vase and enjoy for years to come - branches, pussy willows, feathers.....  The list is endless.  

Well, I finished gathering all of these whatnots from around the apartment....and it turns out there was 48 of them.  Seriously?!  48?!  That's SO not right.  I AM a crazy cat lady.  This apartment is NOT that big. 

 I lined up a sampling and took some photos for you.


I love both of these.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but the one on the left is a vintage piece made from silvery seed beads and wire....and the one on the right is silk flowers from the 20s that are meant to be worn in your hair.



These are another one of my faves - vintage Japanese paper flowers from the 1960s.  When I got them they were never used and still in their original super 60s packaging. 

1 comment:

  1. those Japanese paper ones are so beautiful! i love a good daisy. x

    ReplyDelete